NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my civic and latest build

+5
bassmechanic253
basshead92
RRR37
stephen_og
///nick
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

my civic and latest build - Page 2 Empty Re: my civic and latest build

Post by ///nick Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 pm

splcb7 wrote:What amp you getting?

actually my amp is working fine now. i hooked it up to my 2 10s and its working. so it was going into protect because somthing went wrong with my 15. for some reason ive been having the hardest time diagnosing thease problems. amp works so im happy. i need to get a dmm to test the resting impeadance of the coils on my brahma. i already know that ill need a recone. i just want this thing to be as bullet proof as possible. just dont have any money lol

i talked to zooook and he said he would help me out with a recone. id also like to help out and see what i could learn. ive never done a recone before.

all i know is, i want to go from this mess

my civic and latest build - Page 2 407989_337851716241361_100000496060579_1357686_1498226122_n

to this

my civic and latest build - Page 2 IMG_6876Small

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by splcb7 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm glad to hear you found the problem Very Happy
splcb7
splcb7

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:36 am

well, ive never reconed a subwoofer before. but i just took off the cone and spider and taped up the gap where the magnets are. im going to clean up the surfaces tomaro, and then get a psi recone kit.... eventually. im thinking of getting dual sewn on lead wires. should i go with push terminals or direct connecting wires?

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:16 pm

No questions direct connect..

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm

how can i use direct connect with my box? do i have to drill holes with screws, washers, and bolts? what if im runnin the subwoofer at 4 ohm? kind of confused on this. it seems like it would be good for running 1ohm

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:48 pm

You can drill a hole, put a bolt through and washers. do that 4 times, one for each + and - then you bridge the terminals on the exterior of the box. It'll look someone like this

my civic and latest build - Page 2 Speakerwire006

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:35 pm

i see, this is awesome! doin it

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:42 pm

so if you wanted to run series you would just connect one pos and neg togeather and the other pos and neg to the amp?

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm

///nick wrote:so if you wanted to run series you would just connect one pos and neg togeather and the other pos and neg to the amp?

yup exactly

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Back to top Go down

Post by splcb7 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Ha ha that's awesome I was going to do that to my next box! Great minds think alike... Very Happy
splcb7
splcb7

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 pm

so, getting this recone is a bit cheaper then i thought. im going with dual sewn on leads, 8gauge direct connect, should i go with dual 1 ohm voice coils over the original dual 2ohm? my rockford 1500bd is stable at 2 ohms

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 pm

///nick wrote:so, getting this recone is a bit cheaper then i thought. im going with dual sewn on leads, 8gauge direct connect, should i go with dual 1 ohm voice coils over the original dual 2ohm? my rockford 1500bd is stable at 2 ohms

It's only stable to 2 ohms? If so then yes get the dual 1's so you can fully take advantage of that amp.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 pm

so the first time the sub quit working i thought it was a problem with the amp. but i hooked the amp up to different subs and it worked fine. i hooked it back into my 15 and it started working again. but the thing i was noticing right before it just stoped working... was the subwoofer kept cutting out and in until it just stopped working.

i took out the sub and replaced it with my other ones. its working fine. so, im not sure what happened to this subwoofer, it quit working but i remember i wasnt getting any scratchy feeling as i would push the cone down. it seemed fine, i took the sub apart and the voice coil seems fine, none of the wires are coming un done. do you think this could be an issue with another component of the subwoofer?

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:50 pm

also, no burning smell. im actually looking at the coil right now. i do notice some slight gaps inbetween some of the wires

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by RRR37 Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Any marks inside? Sounds like you lost a lead connection somewhere. Could be that you lost the tinsel lead connection at the joint. You were getting ready to recone right?
RRR37
RRR37

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:34 pm

yea, there is actually some warpage going on with the wires on the coil. im just not going to worry about it. itll be fixed and working soon im sure

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:37 am

so ive had my re se-x 10s on craigslist for a while, with no luck of really selling them to afford my recone kit... but i got a trade offer today...

would a 15" audioque sd2.5 be a good trade for my 2 10's? the guy says he has it in a 6 cuft box. which is freakin huge if you ask me... for just 1 15. i already have a nice box

i was looking at the specs and the rms and peak is about the same as just 1 of my 10's. would the audioque work well with my 1500 watt amp? ive never really looked into other subwoofers so i thought id ask.

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:05 am

well yesterday i was driving with a friend to tacoma about 8pm to get some food at sonic's. driving on the tide flats by the port of tacoma, this ford f-350 was going in and out of traffic and then started doing 60mph in a 40. as i was doing the speedlimit we came up on the truck at the next stoplight (commenting on how dumb the driver was). the truck was in the right lane stoped at the red light at the intersection. as i was approaching the red light and applying brakes then the light turned green! i was already rolling so i starting giving it gas to get back up to speed as i was in the left lane and coming up on the trucks quarter panel! then with out a blinker the truck makes an illegal left turn from the right lane! cuts me off and the rear bumper and tow hook just **** up my car..

the person driving was a 16 year old girl who just got her licence on 1-7-12. she was the only one in the truck. i got down all the info. she called her dad.. her dad showed up in a new amg mercades. wanted to pay out of pocket to saver his daughters driving record and save in insurance.

got a quote next day from hinshaws honda body shop in auburn (great place) for around 5k in damages. im asking for all oem parts. my friend woke up that day with a sore back and needs to see a doctor. so i called the father, told him im going through insurance and the dad was trying to change up the story and saying that somehow this was my fault?! anyways... filed the police report. i hope my baby doesnt get totalled.

pics...

my civic and latest build - Page 2 2012-01-27_20-03-30_848

my civic and latest build - Page 2 2012-01-27_20-02-55_650

my civic and latest build - Page 2 2012-01-27_20-02-43_793

my civic and latest build - Page 2 2012-01-27_20-02-33_202

not a single scratch on the ford f-350. built ford tough!

my civic and latest build - Page 2 2012-01-27_20-03-17_534

my civic and latest build - Page 2 2012-01-27_20-03-09_297

and i got in touch with psi, to ship my sub to them itll be like 150 bucks round trip so im ordering the recoe kit. stiff spider, new terminals, dual sewn on leads, flat wound D1 coil, soft parts, glue, gasket

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by RRR37 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:13 am

That sucks man. I hope you get fixed up. Should have reported on the spot. They might get away with saying you rear ended the truck, which would cause similar damage and be your fault. Contact your lawyer if you can. I'm sure a Guy with an AMG will have one just for things like this. Hell, I'm a blue collar worker and still have some legal on call.
Good luck man, I really hope you win.
RRR37
RRR37

Back to top Go down

Post by basshead92 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 am

dude that sucks i know how you feel ! My god a 16yr old with an f-350 who just got her license, watch the F%$# out on the road LOL ! And of coarse her dad with that Mercedes tries to pay you out of pocket, what a TOOL. Not this time, glad u filed a report. Hopefully she doesnt get away with it. Good luck bro. I have a dents on my car from other drivers but it was from parking lots. LOL about a couple of days before new years i put my car in a ditch. stupid crash lol. my friend pulled me out with his toyota. My front right quarter panel has a huge dent in it and my hood is toast plus my front bumper got bent.
basshead92
basshead92

Back to top Go down

Post by ///nick Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:52 am

i am sure hoping i win. i like my car way to much to let it total. i have 2 witnesses, the passenger of my car and some random guy that saw the whole thing and handed me his buisness card. ill be so pissed if they let this go 50-50. being nice to people doesnt cut it thease days. totally not my fault. and i have usaa on my parents policy who have been with usaa 25 pluss years.

///nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Emery.H Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:36 am

Every time i've seen someone try and play nice with the person at fault they seem to get screwed. Sad hope you get enough, if not more, money to repair that damage. Get some extra audio money!
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by splcb7 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am

That's messed up sorry to hear that.....
splcb7
splcb7

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 pm

That's completely messed up bro.. I would contact the random drive that saw everything and get a statement from him asap if this ends up going to court..and a 16 year old girl who just got their license on a f350?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! I would never put my 16 year old in a truck like that as her first car lol

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 pm

damn, that sucks big time. Get every penny you can out of those people. At my school this girl (typical gets whatever she wants from daddy girl) just got her license and she did the usual first time driver stuff, drive really fast through the parking lot with windows down blasting justin beiber and parking like a jack ass, well she totaled her car and someone elses a few days later because shes stupid and her dad tried to make it seem like the other person made it happen and tried suing them. Then before the girl gets any money from insurance her dad buys her a brand new 4dr wrangler, lifts it 4 inches and throws some 20s on it with big knobby tires WTF!?!?! she doesnt need that! My point is, people think they can try to buy people out of being in trouble and then try and turn it around against you. I hate those people, just own up to what you did.
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next