NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subwoofer questions.

+3
baaudio
Emery.H
scionwithbass
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Subwoofer questions. - Page 2 Empty Re: Subwoofer questions.

Post by Craig22 Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:44 pm

What about Obsidian woofers or Sundown? OA makes 18's. 4 SA 15's could take 2800 no problem

Craig22

Back to top Go down

Post by baaudio Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 am

from what ive seen/read the aq woofers like a bigger box, just something to think about. i know its true of the hdc's, not sure about the sdc's
baaudio
baaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:45 am

Craig22 wrote:What about Obsidian woofers or Sundown? OA makes 18's. 4 SA 15's could take 2800 no problem

I havent seen or heard alot about obsidian, and I dont really want them. The sundows are nice but id have to pay $300 more for them. And also, Fi subs are made with more quality, but the new SDC2.5 are made a little better than the old 2.5s I read and they seem to be pretty good for spl. Ill probly be switching out whatever subs I buy in about a year and a half from now. Im always switching things. I think im going to run the AQs in the next set up, then maybe DC after that. But I never know, im always switching.
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:47 am

From what I calculated I need 14 cubes for 3 cubes of air for each sub, i know I can fit 15 cubes, and Im shooting for 16 cubes. Even with 15 cubes after all displacement the subs should have about 3.45 cubes each, and if I can get the 16 cubes, it will be even bigger.
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:13 am

that's the life of a car audio enthusiest, you never satisfied you always want to be louder..lol now what about a design? Flat wall, port on side, top,middle like justins blazer? I would hit him up or jason (bassmechanic253), or mike (bama) on a design.. Three guys that do some pretty damn good work.. Just make sure you seal that bitch off..

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 am

stephen_og wrote:that's the life of a car audio enthusiest, you never satisfied you always want to be louder..lol now what about a design? Flat wall, port on side, top,middle like justins blazer? I would hit him up or jason (bassmechanic253), or mike (bama) on a design.. Three guys that do some pretty damn good work.. Just make sure you seal that bitch off..

The port will be in the middle like the blazer, the box will be shaped lie a pentagon, flat in the front, and it will angle back againt the metal where the back rest used to be against, then angle to the top of the box. Ill then put wood pieces along the top of the box and duct tape the roof and gap fill it like rrr37. I will make carboard templates for the sides and cut out wood to fit in the curves of the rear doors (going to the B pillar will be too hard) and then ill cover the doors in plastic and gip fill from the wood to the door, then ill open the door and trim off the plastic so when the door is closed it will be tight against the foam creating the seal. as for the bottom, inbetween the false floor and the metal, gap filer wiil work. The box will be double baffled, with steel rods for more bracing, it will will have a removable port so I can have daily and comp ports. The ports will have rubber gaskets so when they are bolted in it will create a good seal. Ill fiberglass all the corners in the box, and ill 45 all the 90 corners then fiberglass those. And last Ill have 2 big pieces of wood wrapped in whatever I want, that will go on the front of the box to make it look good. I think that will be a good box, am I missing anything?
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

Back to top Go down

Post by skater5140 Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:50 pm

i have 1 fi Q 15 and am looking for another i will be running the 2 for a daily spl system.

skater5140

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraudiofreak Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:05 am

I have a 340 Watt dual XIA2340 2/1 channel amp powering a 600 Watt RMS sub woofer and it does not hit that hard but it hits hard enough to where I could get a noice ticket for being to loud.

Caraudiofreak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2