NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amplifier repair?

5 posters

Go down

Amplifier repair? Empty Amplifier repair?

Post by baaudio Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 am

I've got an old Alpine 5-channel V12 that only plays a short clip of music then stops then plays then stops. I would like to repair this amp if possible but I don't even know where to start.... It's a solid amp minus this issue. Or I could part with it for a reasonable price if someone wanted to try repairing it. I'll post pics later when I dig it out of my pile of amps lol
baaudio
baaudio

Back to top Go down

Amplifier repair? Empty Re: Amplifier repair?

Post by Emery.H Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Trying to do this local? If not i would suggest giving Chris an email at Db-r.com. Good guy to work with. Bought a refurb. amp from him and a had one sent in for repair. No problems at all.
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by baaudio Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm trying not to throw a bunch of money into it. Just not worth it imo
baaudio
baaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by RRR37 Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:49 pm

I have the BCAE amp repair training cd-rom I could let you use if you want to try fixing it yourself. Usually its just a failed component somewhere in the circuit so you just have to do some testing to see what's out of normal range. The training disc tells you what to look for in different situations. If I had more time I would help more, but I still have a few amps myself that I've been putting off repairing.
Its just time consuming. Parts are usually cheap but sometimes they try to stick it to ya with shipping.
RRR37
RRR37

Back to top Go down

Post by baaudio Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:06 am

that would be awesome man! it would be sweet to get that disc from you to try and get this repaired. too bad i didnt see this sooner, you could have brought it sunday
baaudio
baaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by splcb7 Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 am

RRR37 wrote:I have the BCAE amp repair training cd-rom I could let you use if you want to try fixing it yourself. Usually its just a failed component somewhere in the circuit so you just have to do some testing to see what's out of normal range. The training disc tells you what to look for in different situations. If I had more time I would help more, but I still have a few amps myself that I've been putting off repairing.
Its just time consuming. Parts are usually cheap but sometimes they try to stick it to ya with shipping.

This I would be very interested in where did you get it so I can get a copy for my self?
splcb7
splcb7

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RidnClean Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 am

cbrandes.cm on CACO, tell him i sent you.

good repair guy, fixed both my MM2000.1s
RidnClean
RidnClean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down