NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!!

+5
mrd6
basshead92
Emery.H
cnutt420
scionwithbass
9 posters

Go down

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Empty The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!!

Post by scionwithbass Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Well I finally have a second BTL, all the material, and time for the new build. Only thing left is hard work, recone, carpet, swear words, drilling, glueing, screwing, taking breaks, eating and all that good stuff. This is my second build thread, I first started with 2 sound stream 10s, then 1 Fi Q 15, the 2 Fi Q 15s, then a DD M3a wich was life changing due to going from 600 to 2500 watts, thanks bassballer for the amp, then I got the btl 18, reconed it, built the box for that. Now its for sale. So for this build I finally get to do a real wall and actually finish it. So I have 2 runs of positive (please tell me if I should change it to 1 + and 1 - run cause I don know) all my RCAs, the door panels, and head unit. I still need a few odds and ends. But for the most part im all wired up. I would like to say thanks to Ben BAaudio for a few ring terminals and a fuse holder. So heres a list of whats going into the car.

2 fi BTL 18s with psi recones
2 yellow tops and 2 red tops 1 stock under the hood
big 3
2 runs of 0
DD M3a at .5 ohm daily
sound stream rubicon 600.4 each channel at 2 ohms.
Random speakers in the doors, 2 JLs and 2 Polks and the stock pioneer speakers are still in, until they blow.
Wall with areo ports tuned to 28-32hz, ill figure out what it is when its done, but its around there.
Stinger volt gauge
my pioneer deck. Idk what it is but its good.
wires consist of Xs power, welding wire, knukonceptz, stinger, scorpion, and street wires.
rcas are 2 Knukonceptz and 1 scorpin I think.

I still want a 5k+ amp and a High output alt once one is made for my car.

Also I have a few videos from the single 18 in the car off 2 extra batts and 1 ohm. sub up ports up, tuned to 32hz
https://www.youtube.com/accordwithbass

Anyway, onto pictures.

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Scion1

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Scion2

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Scion4

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-112

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-108

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-107

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-109

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-110

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-111

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-115

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-113

false floor, I had to knock out some metal thing that stuck up like a foot to make it sit flat without tipping anyway. See the empty picture for the light spot in the middle from removed piece. This is all I have so far. I have a bunch of scrap MDF, so I only needed 3 sheets, instead of 5.
The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-114
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!!

Post by cnutt420 Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 am

Nice!!! Looking forward to this. DEMOS!!!!

cnutt420

Back to top Go down

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!!

Post by Emery.H Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 am

Looks good. What kind of volume are you looking at?
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by basshead92 Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:25 pm

damn going to wall it now? this will be loud. I cant wait till your done with it.
basshead92
basshead92

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 am

Emery, 15.3-15.6ish cubes before subs. I might add a 45 at the bottom back of the box before the ports.

basshead, yup Im finally doing a wall, a REAL one. Not like my honda half wall. I worked more today, and still have 2.5 sheets of wood left. Tho I need to fiberglass the top piece in because it was impossible to get glue between the pieces. So now onto the updates. I got the floor cut out, the 1/2' bolts through the back of the car, 2 on each side running through the false floor and 2x4, built a battery box open ends to fit 5 batts, I have 4 now (1 my friend is using) I drilled out notches on the underside of the batt box so it would fit over the bolts.
I got the sides glued and screwed and the top just screwed (needs fiberglass matt to strengthen and seal) This is all I did today with the help of my girlfriends brother. It was quite a bit in my opionion. Baffle will be started tomorrow and hopefully installed. Now onto pictures.

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-126

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-116

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-119

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-118

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-117

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-120

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-121

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-122

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-123

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-124

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-125

I still need to put some bracing on the sides
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

Back to top Go down

Post by mrd6 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 pm

lol is there going to be anyone next season not running a wall? Keep it up man and dont skimp on that box bracing haha
mrd6
mrd6

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:54 pm

I won't. I have a double baffle glued and screwed, just waiting for it to dry so I can cut circles. Then I'm doubling the back and adding extra to the sides. There are 2 things I'm unsure about still. 1 what should I use to hold the subs in the wall? Just course dry wall screws? Or Tnuts. And 2 how should I brace the box? Glue screw and fiberglass a 2x4 from front to back? Threaded rod? Or just add more to the baffle? I can put a 2x4 from left to right behind the baffle. Would that work?
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

Back to top Go down

Post by Emery.H Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:20 pm

anything sturdy will work, doesn't matter what it's made of, just as long as it will hold up to some abuse.

Progress is great! Why not go further forward?
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:15 pm

I have the baffle cut, out, Test fitted it, a few edges don't line up flush but im using a mini circular saw to cut so whatever. I have it predrilled and I just need to countersink and install. Then I need to fiberglass the inside corners and edges. Once that is finished I can put the back on. and Screw on all my bracing. But the best news of this update is JUST ORDERED THE RECONE AND PORTS!!! But I owe my girlfriend like $100 now. haha
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

Back to top Go down

Post by baaudio Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Looking good man. Hopefully you can make it to a couple more shows next season. I'm excited to see this done, BTLs are no joke!
baaudio
baaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassballer150 Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:58 am

mrd6 wrote:lol is there going to be anyone next season not running a wall? Keep it up man and dont skimp on that box bracing haha
right here. il never run a wall lol

Bassballer150

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowdrifter Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 am

I predict VERY loud!

Great start!
Snowdrifter
Snowdrifter

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Update.

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-136

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-134

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-133

I need to flush mount the M3a and im putting 2 6x9s on each side of it, could I run speaker wire through a switch? I have the second 4 channel amp and its going to be powering my rear doors and the 6x9s and maybe some other speakers, but do you think I could put a switch on the positive wire from the amp so that I can turn off and on the rear speakers even tho the amp will play other speakers. Like a break in the circut?
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:31 am

Flush mounted, also found out my soundstream has 1 bad channel so I have 2 3 channels.

The Scion is being.................WALLED!!!!!!!!! Photo-138
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

Back to top Go down

Post by cnutt420 Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 am

Nice work so far man... I'm pretty sure you can put like a relay or something on the positive side of the speaker wire. I know the old Orion amps used to recommend a fuse on their speaker wires

cnutt420

Back to top Go down

Post by Emery.H Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Get some carpet on that wood! Looks nice. Figure out any plans to prevent all the rattles this is making?
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by jr2011bu Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 pm

scionwithbass wrote:

I need to flush mount the M3a and im putting 2 6x9s on each side of it, could I run speaker wire through a switch? I have the second 4 channel amp and its going to be powering my rear doors and the 6x9s and maybe some other speakers, but do you think I could put a switch on the positive wire from the amp so that I can turn off and on the rear speakers even tho the amp will play other speakers. Like a break in the circut?

For the switch man it should work.. Remeber all it is, is a line break.. Remember all it does is cut the speaker wire then re-connect it. So you should add it if thats what you want you shouldnt have any issues ...
jr2011bu
jr2011bu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down