NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FI Q 15 review

2 posters

Go down

FI Q 15 review Empty FI Q 15 review

Post by scionwithbass Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:01 pm

Ok so I got my first Q about 6 months ago. I had to wait 3 months to get it because of the steel change up that FI was doing. I built a 3 cube sealed box for it. It was powered by a Hifonics thos xi, It was probly putting out 300 watts. The sub is Dual 2, extra spider, and P chamber. When I first got my package after waiting for three months it was like christmas, I ran to the box and the first thing I noticed is that it was heavy! I knew this wasn't some china made crap. So as I ripped through the packaging I realized I had left my gf in my car with my car running (because I came down my driveway and saw the box under the carport of our shop 50 yards away) so I had to stop and go back up my car to the garage. I finally got it out and this thing was BEAST. The smell of fresh glue was amazingly glue smelling and the surround and supension was soooo stiff I was wondering if my amp could even move it! So finally the moment came, I opened my trunk pulled out my box, drilled the holes, screwed that b**ch in there, picked it up, droped it, the cordless screw driver went through the cone, I started screaming... NO just kidding. I put it in and wow it looked good. The first song I play was Hypotonize by young jeezy, I started slow, half volume, gain half of what my old sound stream played at, It sounded sooooooo good, hit every note perfect and sounded deep and big, not like the soundstreams I had. I got it to full tilt at gains half way, then I turned the bass knob up all the way and realized that the sub was already way louder than my 2 10s and It could be louder, so I boosted the bass and let it rip (I had no idea it was just laughing at the power until I got the DD). It was awesome! This subwoofer just sounds amazing sealed, the SQ is just awsome.

Now I have gotten second sub, and they are both in a single chamber 8 cubes at 33hz walled. And let me tell you the SQ went down just barley, like going from 9/10 to 8/10. But I was surprised how LOUD they where, and this was with 2 Hifonics amps.

Then I got the DD M3a from Bassballer150 and it changed my life... they where even LOOOUUDDDERRRR. They hit every kick drum from atreyu and play all the lows from young jeezy like a champ. These are all around AMAZING subs.

I highly recommend them to anyone. I give them a 9/10 and thats good because I give my 10s and 3/10.

For the price of 2 of these subs and a Head unit together is still less than a JL W7 and they KILL W7's I had a bass off with this guy at walmart and he lost big time

FI Q 15 review Photo-7
FI Q 15 review Photo-45
FI Q 15 review Photo-10
FI Q 15 review IMG_0261
FI Q 15 review Photo-5
FI Q 15 review Photo-43
FI Q 15 review Photo-44
FI Q 15 review Photo-48
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

FI Q 15 review Empty Re: FI Q 15 review

Post by Emery.H Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Nice jump from those 10s Very Happy
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by scionwithbass Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Emery.H wrote:Nice jump from those 10s Very Happy
Oh hell ya, the only reason those 10's where in there because we had them laying around in our garage, I knew like 3 years before getting a car Id have FIs, lol I knew that when I was like 12.
scionwithbass
scionwithbass

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum