NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topdawg's dual Skar box

3 posters

Go down

Topdawg's dual Skar box Empty Topdawg's dual Skar box

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:22 am

So this is my newest box for a pair fo Skar VVX 12's. It's 1.5 cubes tuned to 30hz per side.

Topdawg's dual Skar box Picture

Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Topdawg's dual Skar box Empty Re: Topdawg's dual Skar box

Post by stephen_og Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:14 pm

Topdawg wrote:So this is my newest box for a pair fo Skar VVX 12's. It's 1.5 cubes tuned to 30hz per side.

looks pretty good man. Is that what Skar recommended you to do to have a sperate chamber per sub or is that just personal preference? and whats it wrapped in, it looks clean.

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Sweet paint job. Turned out great!

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:25 pm

[quote="stephen_og"]
Topdawg wrote:looks pretty good man. Is that what Skar recommended you to do to have a sperate chamber per sub or is that just personal preference? and whats it wrapped in, it looks clean.

No I just did it that way so I didn't have to brace the box with much more than the port. And it's just wrapped in carpet. We were going to paint it black but desided to go with carpet since I'm going to wrap my "amp rack" in carpet too. But thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to get it installed and see how much better the subs sound in a ported box. I've had them in a sealed box for about a month and can't wait to see them come to life!
Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:26 pm

NoPh33rRaCiNg wrote:Sweet paint job. Turned out great!

Thanks I wanted to do a nice box for these and try to do a clean install this time. My last box took up my whole trunk so I didn't have to worry much about how everything else looked
Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:48 pm

[quote="Topdawg"]
stephen_og wrote:
Topdawg wrote:looks pretty good man. Is that what Skar recommended you to do to have a sperate chamber per sub or is that just personal preference? and whats it wrapped in, it looks clean.

No I just did it that way so I didn't have to brace the box with much more than the port. And it's just wrapped in carpet. We were going to paint it black but desided to go with carpet since I'm going to wrap my "amp rack" in carpet too. But thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to get it installed and see how much better the subs sound in a ported box. I've had them in a sealed box for about a month and can't wait to see them come to life!

Ohhhh it didnt look like carpet from the pics, im guessing some like short fiber carpet of some sort lol nonetheless this has came out veryy good, nice work you do.

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:12 pm

[quote="stephen_og"]
Topdawg wrote:
stephen_og wrote:

Ohhhh it didnt look like carpet from the pics, im guessing some like short fiber carpet of some sort lol nonetheless this has came out veryy good, nice work you do.

I will get a detailed video put up for this once I get the subs installed and a quick demo of what it sounds like once I find a couple good songs to go along with the new box. I usually tune my boxes around 35ish so we'll have to see if some of the music I normally demo with will still sound the same!
Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:38 am

So the box roughly measures 17 3/4" deep, 14 1/2" tall,and 32" long. Then ends are recessed about a half inch. I got a little bit more play time this morning on my way to class and I'm pretty impressed with the outcome of this. I still have a little bit of tuning to do because I had my amp set up for my sealed box... but all in all I'm pleased! I wouldn't consider these a long term system, but only because I can never keep any setup long term Rolling Eyes

Topdawg's dual Skar box 5906-img-20111127-142026

Topdawg's dual Skar box 5907-img-20111127-141435
Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:24 pm

What kind of power are you sending to these, and idk if you you said it maybe I missed it, but what's the coil config. On these bad boys?

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:30 am

stephen_og wrote:What kind of power are you sending to these, and idk if you you said it maybe I missed it, but what's the coil config. On these bad boys?

Right now I'm running an Audiopipe 1500 but have a second one that I'll be adding once I stop being lazy and run my 1/0 and add the other batt. These are D2's.
Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Wiring them down to 1 ohm? If soo damn 1500 watts to each woofer lol

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:26 pm

stephen_og wrote:Wiring them down to 1 ohm? If soo damn 1500 watts to each woofer lol

I haven't decided if I'll be running each am @ 1 ohm or strapping them to run at 2 ohm... I will be keeping the gain way down and slowly working it up to see what these can handle.
Topdawg
Topdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down