NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on..

5 posters

Go down

Whats going on.. Empty Whats going on..

Post by stephen_og Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:51 pm

Names Stephen, been into car audio since I could get my first car, was the only thing I cared about when I got it. I work down in puyallup at a dealership. Not the best but it feed my audio habit. Not a expert by any means but I do know my stuff hear and there. Trying to have a pretty loud daily trunk car.

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Whats going on.. Empty Re: Whats going on..

Post by Zooook Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Loud daily trunk isn't easy!
Zooook
Zooook

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:25 pm

oh I know, but if im happy with it, then were all good.. haha

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by splcb7 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:45 am

Good luck with the trunk set up cheers i hope you get where you want with it and trust me trunks arnt easy to get loud with....but if you keep positive about it youll get loud..... Cool
splcb7
splcb7

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Well met up with ryan today, gota 135.3 and a 136.7 in the kick today. I believe when I got those scores it was all sealed up.

EDIT: put the actual scores I got, just looked at the pic

Last edited by stephen_og on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by splcb7 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:00 pm

stephen_og wrote:Well met up with ryan today, gota 135.7 and a 136.x in the kick today. I believe when I got those scores it was all sealed up.

what are you running?
splcb7
splcb7

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm

2 JBL 12s on a cadence flash 1200-1D. Just something to listen to until I can get the stuff I want in the car.

Plan is 2 of those amps, probably the same brand 4 channel, 2 DC lvl 4s with lvl5 coil or AQ HDC3 12 aluminum coil.
I was talking with AQ and they can probably make an exception with making the alum coils in D2 cause they normally just offer them in D1s. The amps I have are only stable as low as 1 ohm so going to wire them to a two ohm load to get the most of the amps, so roughly 2400 watts as long as I get everythiing done right with my electrical.

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by Zooook Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Don't run aq they have bad customer service and mess up on orders and try to send used parts. with 2400rms total you'd be better with the copper coil aq's anyway.

Dc almost the complete opposite lol great CS, great product, no used parts...
Zooook
Zooook

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Zooook wrote:Don't run aq they have bad customer service and mess up on orders and try to send used parts. with 2400rms total you'd be better with the copper coil aq's anyway.

Dc almost the complete opposite lol great CS, great product, no used parts...

well I was thinking about the alum coils because they shed heat faster, and the fact im going to be giving them more than rated... like 200 watts mut still its more.

even with getting the lvl 5 coils put on the lvl 4s, Im still looking around the same price for both shipped. Just need to make a decision soon

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by Zooook Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:27 pm

The aq's are junk IMO. I gave aq a chance and they fucked me. Just trying to help you out.

Aq hdc3(copper coils)= 1500-2000rms daily per sub...but they are cheap chinesse subs
Hdc3-a(aluminum coils) 2,500-3,000rms a piece and they only get louder than the copper coils when it's around 2500rms to each sub.

Dc lvl4 with lvl5 coil will take 1,500-2,000rms per sub....but you get great customer service, can do custom things like carbon fiber dustcaps, different coil configs.. And HAND BUILT EVERY TIME...you pay for what you get. Also dc's like smaller boxes which can be very helpful in a trunk set up. With the power you have the aq's would want around 4.8-5cf after sub and port displacement and the dc's would work in 3-4cf... More space in the trunk and the more rooom you have for another batt and the subs/box will breathe better...unless your trunk is huge than box size isn't going to make much of a diff
Zooook
Zooook

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Zooook wrote:The aq's are junk IMO. I gave aq a chance and they fucked me. Just trying to help you out.

Aq hdc3(copper coils)= 1500-2000rms daily per sub...but they are cheap chinesse subs
Hdc3-a(aluminum coils) 2,500-3,000rms a piece and they only get louder than the copper coils when it's around 2500rms to each sub.

Dc lvl4 with lvl5 coil will take 1,500-2,000rms per sub....but you get great customer service, can do custom things like carbon fiber dustcaps, different coil configs.. And HAND BUILT EVERY TIME...you pay for what you get. Also dc's like smaller boxes which can be very helpful in a trunk set up. With the power you have the aq's would want around 4.8-5cf after sub and port displacement and the dc's would work in 3-4cf... More space in the trunk and the more rooom you have for another batt and the subs/box will breathe better...unless your trunk is huge than box size isn't going to make much of a diff

Most likely I will go with DC and with getting the lvl5 coil I will have some room to upgrade my sub amp when that time rolls around

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by jj53913 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Yes ill agree with zooook, I would take the dc over Aq if it was between just them two, especially if the price is close. There is a ton of people that love aq, but i would look at other companies myself. Jacob has the z.3 coming out and sounds to be promising even if its not designed to handle as much as the z.2. The cost is suppose to be down too.
jj53913
jj53913

Back to top Go down

Post by Zooook Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:56 pm

jj53913 wrote:Yes ill agree with zooook, I would take the dc over Aq if it was between just them two, especially if the price is close. There is a ton of people that love aq, but i would look at other companies myself. Jacob has the z.3 coming out and sounds to be promising even if its not designed to handle as much as the z.2. The cost is suppose to be down too.

No suggesting sundown on this forum that's your only warning Justin! Lol jk

If I were you stephen I'd try to look into other companys, IA, FI, PSI, atomic, Digital design... There's plenty more other great companys just ask and I'm sure someone can suggest you something or give more info.

I've talk to a lot of the company's I listed and honestly DC has the best customer service. Just my experience and they give a good price. Digital design was great! Single 15" on roughly 3,000rms and never got warm or stinky. Prices a kinda higher though.

I'm going to be trying other brands soon though.
Zooook
Zooook

Back to top Go down

Post by jj53913 Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:21 am

No sundown suggestions? Lol. I've considered more than once of triing their subs. Jacob knows how to design a sub. Two other companies get assistace from the man to design sub lines.
Do they offer a good sub? Hell yes
Will i have them in my install? Probably not
Will I suggest them again? Nope I don't want banned ! Lol

Nick from IA is a good guy, delt with him. I use to run dp21s and thats when i meet the original nwspl members. They were alright subs. I was a little disappointed in the cone strength but it was a 21" cone and one took a saz1500@.5, after it was on a ia 20.1 @.5 after both where on a rd 3250.1 v.1. Nevegr got smelly and always had them in big boxes.

jj53913
jj53913

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:20 am

jj53913 wrote:No sundown suggestions? Lol. I've considered more than once of triing their subs. Jacob knows how to design a sub. Two other companies get assistace from the man to design sub lines.
Do they offer a good sub? Hell yes
Will i have them in my install? Probably not
Will I suggest them again? Nope I don't want banned ! Lol

Nick from IA is a good guy, delt with him. I use to run dp21s and thats when i meet the original nwspl members. They were alright subs. I was a little disappointed in the cone strength but it was a 21" cone and one took a saz1500@.5, after it was on a ia 20.1 @.5 after both where on a rd 3250.1 v.1. Nevegr got smelly and always had them in big boxes.

He was kidding about that lol. I told him he should either go lvl 3's or sundown SA's. Best bang for the budget.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Back to top Go down

Post by jj53913 Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:31 am

Ya Ryan i know! But if he's going to be runnin 1200 a sub I say he watches for 2 lvl4 motors. Then he just has to keep his voltage good and he can bass box or demo with less chance of sub failure. And then if hes not quite where he wants to be there is a little room for more power.

I cant remember but Supergumby wasn't as pleased with the lvl3s #'s wise.
jj53913
jj53913

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 am

Well i will probably go level 4s with the level 5 coils.. Most likely there not gonna be hiring anyone soon, talked to my boss and they can't afford to hire on anyone else lol more money for meeeee ha so if everything goes the way I want it to (knock on wood) by early November I'm going to purchase the subs.. When I get paid next, going to get my alt ordered, wire, fuses, etc

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by jj53913 Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:41 am

Sweet! Good choice in my opinion. I'll be watching for this build.....
jj53913
jj53913

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:50 am

Thanks man.. If I can get into the 40s I'll be happy haha

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by Zooook Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:08 am

Ya I was only kidding about suggesting sundown...

I liked my lvl4 with lvl5 coils...I'm sure they've gotten better with the stealth coil and new surrounds. If you think you want to add even more power than maybe consider dual tinsel leads as well...I'm sure meathead or rusty can help you out just let them know.

Well looks like I've got my work cut out for me with stephen and steve...have some friendly trunk competition......oh ya and I guess Geoff.
Zooook
Zooook

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Zooook wrote:Ya I was only kidding about suggesting sundown...

I liked my lvl4 with lvl5 coils...I'm sure they've gotten better with the stealth coil and new surrounds. If you think you want to add even more power than maybe consider dual tinsel leads as well...I'm sure meathead or rusty can help you out just let them know.

Well looks like I've got my work cut out for me with stephen and steve...have some friendly trunk competition......oh ya and I guess Geoff.

dont know if Ill be any real competition but I will try and give you a run for your money haa

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm

jj53913 wrote:Ya Ryan i know! But if he's going to be runnin 1200 a sub I say he watches for 2 lvl4 motors. Then he just has to keep his voltage good and he can bass box or demo with less chance of sub failure. And then if hes not quite where he wants to be there is a little room for more power.

I cant remember but Supergumby wasn't as pleased with the lvl3s #'s wise.

He was tuned real low and still breaking a 150. I remeber he was having alt issues, it was charging at only 13.0v so im sure he could have gained a decent amount by getting that fixed.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down