NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple alarm

3 posters

Go down

Simple alarm Empty Simple alarm

Post by Emery.H Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm looking to get an alarm, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I figured with so many people working on these daily you can point me in the right direction.

For those that don't know I drive a 1991 honda CRX, if that's relevant at all.

I would like something with a 2 way alarm,I don't have power locks,I don't need auto start or whatever that feature is, and I don't need a turbo timer. Price isn't too big of an issue, hopefully, since I'm not needing anything fancy. I don't want to deal with having to turn the alarm off just because a bird lands on the car (I know this can be tuned, but I'm sure there are some that just have a horrible time with this feature).

I see a lot of praise for Clifford. What do you guys use, have used, have installed, or have seen around? Thoughts on anything, or recommendations?

I also want to get this installed outside of town, I'm more than willing to pay someone to do this, or if you can point me to a reputable shop? The only place I can think of is soundwerks.
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Simple alarm Empty Re: Simple alarm

Post by Emery.H Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Just found this one. Has was I'm looking for, as far as I can tell. I like the mile range on it, for sure!

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-5901-Feature-Alarm-Remote/dp/B0044FMBP4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339006613&sr=1-1
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

I see you have found a Viper alarm, which I like personally but the price can get up there on some of the higher end models. Others you can look up would be compustar, autopage, clifford (like you said) are the brands I see most often

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Matt Felix in the facebook group can get good deals on autopage from a big warehouse. Maybe hit him up on facebook. He quoted me some good prices. I wish i was installing one in my truck for the first time id have him do it in a heart beat with the pricing he gave me.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:40 am

I like compustars alot personally years ago the cliffords...

Back to top Go down

Post by Emery.H Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:46 pm

stephen_og wrote:I see you have found a Viper alarm, which I like personally but the price can get up there on some of the higher end models. Others you can look up would be compustar, autopage, clifford (like you said) are the brands I see most often
It's one that i've heard or seen most, which could be either a bad or a good thing i guess.

NoPh33rRaCiNg wrote:Matt Felix in the facebook group can get good deals on autopage from a big warehouse. Maybe hit him up on facebook. He quoted me some good prices. I wish i was installing one in my truck for the first time id have him do it in a heart beat with the pricing he gave me.
Will do, thanks!
meathead wrote:I like compustars alot personally years ago the cliffords...
Thanks for the input!
Emery.H
Emery.H

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Emery.H wrote:
stephen_og wrote:I see you have found a Viper alarm, which I like personally but the price can get up there on some of the higher end models. Others you can look up would be compustar, autopage, clifford (like you said) are the brands I see most often
It's one that i've heard or seen most, which could be either a bad or a good thing i guess.

NoPh33rRaCiNg wrote:Matt Felix in the facebook group can get good deals on autopage from a big warehouse. Maybe hit him up on facebook. He quoted me some good prices. I wish i was installing one in my truck for the first time id have him do it in a heart beat with the pricing he gave me.
Will do, thanks!
meathead wrote:I like compustars alot personally years ago the cliffords...
Thanks for the input!

I dont see it as a bad thing.. if alot of people use it i would thing its a good alarm. Any of the compa ies that ryan, john, or i mentioned would be good choices. Ive heard that in the old hondas every obe in four keys is somewhat the same so get that alarm lol

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum