NorthWestSPL

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NorthWestSPL
NorthWestSPL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

box help :)

3 posters

Go down

box help :) Empty box help :)

Post by stephen_og Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 pm

So i was talking to john today for a little bit about the box design I want to use for the XLs im getting after the m2s are released. he gave me some pointers and some recommended ideas to think about so I got home, got on the computer and got in the12volt and went to there enclosure calculator.

Im leaving 1.75 cubes each for the 12s after displacement, so thats 3.5 cubes right there. If i take out the displacement I have 3.85 cubes.

So here is what I got so far:

W= 39" H-15.5" D-15" which comes out to 4.1 cubes. Now I didnt factor in how the port affects the volume but if some one could help me on that, that would be great. I dont know how much volume bracing takes up, I know I will have some sort of bracing going from the back wall to in the middle of the subs and most likely one that goes top to bottom. I think steel rods or 1" wooden dowels would work good with out taking up soo much room but thats why im asking you guys for some help.

Now with the port. for the width I chose 4.5" and the height is 14" and with the enclosure being 4.1 and a 34Hz tuning, I get a port length of 29". now the tuning could but I want it around 33-34hz. Like I said above I dont know how the port affects the internal volume so if anyone could shed some light on that subject that would be great.

Now when I read over this to make sure I didnt leave anything out, it sounded like like I was talking out of my ass lol but im just putting my thoughts I had, down in this post.

So all comments are appreciated, I have some time to make this rock solid, but I want to have a game plan for when I have the subs ready to drop in.

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

box help :) Empty Re: box help :)

Post by Bassballer150 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 am

I have my old xl box that might work in your vehicle

Bassballer150

Back to top Go down

Post by stephen_og Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:04 am

Send me some pics of it, I Think you still have my number and you said it was built by Bama soo I can't go wrong there.. Lol how was it braced? Resin/fiberglassed? Tuning?

stephen_og

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronE Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:47 am

I guarantee you will not have to brace that box it will not flex at all if you build it right!!

AaronE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum