NorthWestSPL

3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg on Tue May 15, 2012 8:46 pm

$10 entry fee, all proceeds go to charity. Hopefully we can get some cali guys to come. I know everyone from Washington and Oregon are going, good amount from canada, and a couple from Idaho.

Event is hosted at the chinook winds resort and casino, its a sick resort right on the beach. If you stay at the resort you really dont need to drive much, so everyone parties saturday night. Make it a 3 day mini vacation.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/officialevent.asp?EventID=12746


Last edited by NoPh33rRaCiNg on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Team DC Audio : Team NWSPL : Team Shok



2002 Tahoe - (1) 15'' XLm1 - Shok II - Shok 1/0
2003 S10 - (3) 15'' XLm1's - (2) Shok 5k's - 12 Runs Shok 1/0 - Dual Alt's

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Posts : 318
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 29
Location : Kent, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by mrd6 on Wed May 16, 2012 2:03 am

down
avatar
mrd6

Posts : 140
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 28
Location : seattle area

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by Guest on Sat May 19, 2012 11:07 pm

I have already got b2 to donate an 1k amp..... should have a good showing..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by scionwithbass on Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 pm

This show was looking sweet until I got to the part that says "need to be 18 years or older to compete" who wants to run my car for me? Was it like this at the Olympia show? (I didn't compete at the oly show my build wasn't done)
avatar
scionwithbass

Posts : 468
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Olympia

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by mrd6 on Thu May 31, 2012 12:41 am

^ i saw that and was curious too. It doesn't affect me but what is that rule for?
avatar
mrd6

Posts : 140
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 28
Location : seattle area

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by scionwithbass on Thu May 31, 2012 12:49 am

mrd6 wrote:^ i saw that and was curious too. It doesn't affect me but what is that rule for?

Maybe because they aren't officially adults so probably some sort of liability issue, and it also filters out high school kids who think their 150 watt system is the loudest thing around.
avatar
scionwithbass

Posts : 468
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Olympia

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by splcb7 on Thu May 31, 2012 3:44 am

Mabe there's a wet t contest..... Twisted Evil

_________________
TeamNwspl/ B2/ LANZAR/ PYLE/PYLE PRO/ LEGACY/ PYRAMID/Brand - X Dealer pm me for pricing ! Laughing

2 rd d5's
1 kenetic 3800 1 no name batt
12 Maxwell supercapacitors scratch
Powerbasterds 230 alt.
2 HDC4 15's
3ish cube box with 2 6" areo ports


WA state Rep
B2audio
lanzer
Pyle
brand-x

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that Bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. Smile
avatar
splcb7

Posts : 432
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-10-09
Age : 34
Location : Bremertom

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by scionwithbass on Thu May 31, 2012 10:49 am

Sweet! But restricting the younger people to compete won't stop them from seeing that. Haha. I bet Travis will know about this.
avatar
scionwithbass

Posts : 468
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Olympia

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by Emery.H on Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 pm

That's kind of a weird rule, but it could be a normal thing for big shows. Maybe we're just really relaxed on the rules!
avatar
Emery.H

Posts : 371
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 28
Location : North Seattle

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by Slammed on Thu May 31, 2012 3:21 pm

My guess is that it's a casino or the promoter had an issue before with people under 18. Best thing you should do is email Scott and ask.
avatar
Slammed

Posts : 98
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-10-10
Location : In the middle of Washington state

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by splcb7 on Thu May 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Its probably because its a casino and you have two legally be 18 two go in the casino....

_________________
TeamNwspl/ B2/ LANZAR/ PYLE/PYLE PRO/ LEGACY/ PYRAMID/Brand - X Dealer pm me for pricing ! Laughing

2 rd d5's
1 kenetic 3800 1 no name batt
12 Maxwell supercapacitors scratch
Powerbasterds 230 alt.
2 HDC4 15's
3ish cube box with 2 6" areo ports


WA state Rep
B2audio
lanzer
Pyle
brand-x

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that Bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. Smile
avatar
splcb7

Posts : 432
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2011-10-09
Age : 34
Location : Bremertom

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by mrd6 on Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 pm

^ could be it, makes sense...and sorry man but i gotta do it its been bugging me lol:

to not two
avatar
mrd6

Posts : 140
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 28
Location : seattle area

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by _s_m_a_c_ on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:50 am

scionwithbass wrote:This show was looking sweet until I got to the part that says "need to be 18 years or older to compete" who wants to run my car for me? Was it like this at the Olympia show? (I didn't compete at the oly show my build wasn't done)

My show my rules! Just playin, lol. Here's the deal - the casino is sponsoring this event, every single penny that goes into it the casino pays (except donation items for the raffles). That means the casino also pays out the CASH prizes. As part of our federal compact we are not permitted to allow under age gambling or make payouts to anybody under the age of 18 for gambling, competition or otherwise (unless it's charitable). Hope that answers your question about the age limits and unless I'm mistaken according to the rules you must be able to prove ownership of the vehicle you are competing with (tho there might be special cercumtances if your parent competed in your place).


Last edited by _s_m_a_c_ on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Two to their there)

_s_m_a_c_

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by stephen_og on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:39 am

Wait just to clarify.... ill be 21 by then so it doesnt concern me but it does eith my girlfriend, is 20 so would she ne able to gamble at the casino? Just eondering since you said under 18 couldnt..

_________________
Team NWSPL

upcoming build:
2 12 XLm2s
DC 5k
Shok industries wire
Singer 230A alt
Audiotechnix

stephen_og

Posts : 640
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 27
Location : Auburn, wa

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by _s_m_a_c_ on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:57 pm

18 and older can compete at Surf City. The non-gambling areas of the casino are open to any age. People 18 and older can play bingo and poker only, all other forms of gambling in the casino are strictly for those who are 21 or over.


Last edited by _s_m_a_c_ on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

_s_m_a_c_

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by stephen_og on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:19 pm

_s_m_a_c_ wrote:18 and older can compete at Surf City. The non-gambling areas of the casino are open to any age. People 18 and older can play bingo and poker only, all other forms of gambling in the casino are strictly for those who are 21 or over.

Same thing up here at bingo places and they have vegas style slot machines and tou can be 18 to play.. and by pokee im assuming you mean black jack only?

_________________
Team NWSPL

upcoming build:
2 12 XLm2s
DC 5k
Shok industries wire
Singer 230A alt
Audiotechnix

stephen_og

Posts : 640
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 27
Location : Auburn, wa

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by scionwithbass on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:30 am

_s_m_a_c_ wrote:
scionwithbass wrote:This show was looking sweet until I got to the part that says "need to be 18 years or older to compete" who wants to run my car for me? Was it like this at the Olympia show? (I didn't compete at the oly show my build wasn't done)

My show my rules! Just playin, lol. Here's the deal - the casino is sponsoring this event, every single penny that goes into it the casino pays (except donation items for the raffles). That means the casino also pays out the CASH prizes. As part of our federal compact we are not permitted to allow under age gambling or make payouts to anybody under the age of 18 for gambling, competition or otherwise (unless it's charitable). Hope that answers your question about the age limits and unless I'm mistaken according to the rules you must be able to prove ownership of the vehicle you are competing with (tho there might be special cercumtances if your parent competed in your place).

Great... now im ticked, screw car audio












JK! That makes sense since the casino is paying the winners and I could possibly win in my class. Its understandable. Now im bumb'd. My parents wouldnt compete my either because 1. They wouldnt have a clue what they where doing and break my stuff, 2. they hate car audio. and 3. if somehow they did compete for me, id miss my turn because they went into a bar or are gambling... yay for being 17. not. Can anyone compete with my car for me? Would that be "legal" with laws and rules of the competition. If I showed I owned the car and someone ran it? Or would that be the same thing as like buying beer for minors. Ugh this bugs me Twisted Evil Anyone make fake IDs so I can fricken compete...jk. Ill stick to the rules, unless there is a way around it of course. If someone can run my car for me and if we win ill split the winnings somehow or buy you food.
avatar
scionwithbass

Posts : 468
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Olympia

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by _s_m_a_c_ on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:09 pm

stephen_og wrote:
_s_m_a_c_ wrote:18 and older can compete at Surf City. The non-gambling areas of the casino are open to any age. People 18 and older can play bingo and poker only, all other forms of gambling in the casino are strictly for those who are 21 or over.

Same thing up here at bingo places and they have vegas style slot machines and tou can be 18 to play.. and by pokee im assuming you mean black jack only?

No, by poker I mean poker. All of the blackjack tables are on the main gaming floor and you must be 21 to visit that area of the casino. The poker room is right off of the bingo hall and those 18 and older are permitted in that area of the casino and may participate in those forms of gambling only.

_s_m_a_c_

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by stephen_og on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:54 am

Cameron- i will most likely be there and if you want to makr the drive i will run your car gor you.. i would gladly take a lunch donation haha clear it through john gibson, meathead, or any orher db drag official so it alright for me to do that..

S_m_a_c_ - i understand that i didnt knoe what you ment by poker. There is a casino here thats a 18 and older that allows you to play blackjack, limit hold em, baakaraa, 5 car poker, omaha etc so thats why i asked.. ill be 21 so that really doeant apply to me just wanted to make sure my girlfriend, if she comes is able to walk woth me though the casino. She doesnt gamble but didnt want her getting in trouble for watching.. you feel me?

_________________
Team NWSPL

upcoming build:
2 12 XLm2s
DC 5k
Shok industries wire
Singer 230A alt
Audiotechnix

stephen_og

Posts : 640
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 27
Location : Auburn, wa

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by Nikitaaa on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm still confused, I'm 17 and I wanted to take the trip up there for the event. I know I can't compete, but this won't be held inside a casino or anything so it's not a problem if i'm there getting demo's and such, is it?
avatar
Nikitaaa

Posts : 14
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : Leavenworth, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by scionwithbass on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:53 pm

You could demo. But I don't know how the parking setup is going to be. I know the casinos around my area have parking garages so if you here competing you would probly sign up then park in the show area, all others park somewhere else. So It might be a hike to get to your car or you could be able to park with everyone else. Im not to sure on their parking situation. Once I find out if someone CAN run my car for me I'll most likely go. But it's a no then I'm not going.
avatar
scionwithbass

Posts : 468
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Olympia

http://cameronsautodetail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by _s_m_a_c_ on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Nikitaaa wrote:I'm still confused, I'm 17 and I wanted to take the trip up there for the event. I know I can't compete, but this won't be held inside a casino or anything so it's not a problem if i'm there getting demo's and such, is it?

You can attend as a spectator and you can demo all you'd like. As a matter of fact I spoke with the judge for the comp and we've decided that those who are under 18 who'd like to compete can form a team "Team Nikitaaa" or whatever and you can have a team member who is 18 run your vehicle for you. If your vehicle won in its class the cash would be paid to the individual who ran your car and after that it's between you guys.

_s_m_a_c_

Posts : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by stephen_og on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:32 pm

_s_m_a_c_ wrote:
Nikitaaa wrote:I'm still confused, I'm 17 and I wanted to take the trip up there for the event. I know I can't compete, but this won't be held inside a casino or anything so it's not a problem if i'm there getting demo's and such, is it?

You can attend as a spectator and you can demo all you'd like. As a matter of fact I spoke with the judge for the comp and we've decided that those who are under 18 who'd like to compete can form a team "Team Nikitaaa" or whatever and you can have a team member who is 18 run your vehicle for you. If your vehicle won in its class the cash would be paid to the individual who ran your car and after that it's between you guys.

I down for that. I wont have a vehicle to compete with but I would gladly run anyones car if thats alright with one of you guys thats under 18. buy me lunch and im sold to the first bidder! lol jk just let me know nikita or cameron if you guys are going to go.

_________________
Team NWSPL

upcoming build:
2 12 XLm2s
DC 5k
Shok industries wire
Singer 230A alt
Audiotechnix

stephen_og

Posts : 640
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 27
Location : Auburn, wa

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by NoPh33rRaCiNg on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Updated: This is now a 3x IASCA as well!

_________________
Team DC Audio : Team NWSPL : Team Shok



2002 Tahoe - (1) 15'' XLm1 - Shok II - Shok 1/0
2003 S10 - (3) 15'' XLm1's - (2) Shok 5k's - 12 Runs Shok 1/0 - Dual Alt's

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Posts : 318
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 29
Location : Kent, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by keith2 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm

This event is what led me here to nwspl and I just joined! hoping ill be finished with my build and ill be able to compete at this as my first show ever lol. so whats up guys! hope to meet some peeps and get some demos.should be a good time!

keith2

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 3x Dbdrag & Bassrace /3x IASCA IDBL & Bass Boxing! - Lincoln City, OR - 8/26/12

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum