NorthWestSPL

caps banks!

Go down

caps banks!

Post by splcb7 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

I've been talking around and the trunk classes I normally run limit your batteries to 3 batteries . So I found out that I can run unlimited caps tho and some people who run burp classes run all cap banks. The up side to this is your voltage stays at 15.5 for the burp with enjugh caps. However I also hurd you can run them different ways. I guess they hook up the battery to charge the caps for the run then unhook the battery and do the run on just caps. I'm very limited on my power options so I'm heavily looking into this to help with keeping power for runs. Any input would be great. Give me your thoughts Very Happy

2 rd d5's
1 kenetic 3800 1 no name batt
12 Maxwell supercapacitors scratch
Powerbasterds 230 alt.
2 HDC4 15's
3ish cube box with 2 6" areo ports

WA state Rep
B2audio
lanzer
Pyle
brand-x

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that Bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. Smile
splcb7

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Re: caps banks!

Post by baaudio on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:15 pm

i would imagine you would want a lot of caps to really keep the performance. why not just get 3 BIG batts? i mean 3 d3100s will support 6-7kw, i cant imagine the bank of capacitors it would take to achieve that equivalent
baaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by splcb7 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 pm

baaudio wrote:i would imagine you would want a lot of caps to really keep the performance. why not just get 3 BIG batts? i mean 3 d3100s will support 6-7kw, i cant imagine the bank of capacitors it would take to achieve that equivalent

That's just it it will Mabe support 6-7kw ill be running 8-13kw depending on my ohm load ext. Ect. I need to power more the the three Batts can keep up with. The power and since I can't add more batts cap bank is where I'm at...... I talked to someone who ran 28 2700 caps he said he runs at 15.5 the whole run as long as he dosnt turn on the car because the voltage drops to 13.7. I wanna keep my power as clean as I can for the 30 seconds .........

2 rd d5's
1 kenetic 3800 1 no name batt
12 Maxwell supercapacitors scratch
Powerbasterds 230 alt.
2 HDC4 15's
3ish cube box with 2 6" areo ports

WA state Rep
B2audio
lanzer
Pyle
brand-x

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that Bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. Smile
splcb7

http://www.teamnwspl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by baaudio on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:47 am

Damn. I didn't realize you were gonna be running so much power. In that case I guess it makes sense
baaudio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down